Monday, December 6, 2010

Night II

     This is an image of Broadway Avenue in Red Lodge during the Christmas Stroll. The street was closed to traffic as people walked the main drag through town, stopping to browse shops and to warm themselves at the various fire pits assembled for the occasion.  I wanted to capture the beauty of the town and people flitting through the scene so I set up my tripod in the middle of Broadway and began shooting.  My long shutter speed (6.0 seconds) meant that several individuals crossed in front of the camera and were captured as wispy transparent figures and shadows darting across and down the street.  I wanted this image to be seen from the perspective of someone walking down the street, being guided by the lights and signs of the town.  I also chose a strong horizontal composition in order to capture the entirety of the lights and shops along the street as well as to emphasize the vanishing point at the end of the street; I want the observer to follow the road through the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment