Monday, December 6, 2010

Mysterical

     This piece was an endeavor in Photoshop to merge a drawing and a photograph into one cohesive image.  Firstly, I photographed a drawing of mine (rendered for my Anatomy and Physiology professor) and secondly, I revisited the photograph "Heart I" from our still-life assignment.  In Photoshop, I made the drawing my background layer and then layered "Heart I" on top and reduced the opacity.  Next I cut and pasted many parts of both images onto my original layers in an attempt to blend the drawing with the photograph (there are a total of 15 layers in this piece).  Working with blending tools, the magnetic lasso, and adjusting the opacity of layers were central operations throughout my work on this image.  My overall objective of this piece is to blur the lines between drawing and photograph and by doing so, force the observer to closely examine the piece, and to discover the subtle changes in light and line and texture of the image as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment